Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Remembering Day

Gen 9:16 Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth."
x
I like Memorial Day! Somewhere along the line we are just too busy to remember those heroes who laid down their lives for us. And we shouldn't be! Right now, at our high school, a "remembering" stone stands to help us remember some local heroes that we should never forget. Please this "Remembering Day", remember those who fought and died for us, our true heroes.
x
Indulge me in this remembering a moment. The word remember is used 120 times in the NIV Bible. That is a lot of times in 66 books. The favorite of mine is the one used in our text: God will remember the covenant with His people and won't destroy them again by flood.
x
I don't want God to forget me. Too many of us are forgetting Him; I will try to remember Him.
x
Please, God, don't forget us. We need you, your power, your hope, your salvation.
x
And I am very grateful. Hope you will be too.

God, thank you for remembering us. Please let us never forget you. And thank You, for those heroes who gave their lives that I might freely worship and adore you through my Savior Jesus. In His name, Amen!

No comments: